About this job
B2B, Software Development / Engineering, Video Streaming
Possibility to work remote 1 day per week.
Being a cross-platform solution, the THEOplayer codebase is developed in a hybrid of TypeScript and native languages like Java, Kotlin and Swift.
As a software engineer, you help design, maintain and evolve the Android-specific components of our video player.
You keep an eye on performance and reusability and are not afraid of developing hybrid solutions to achieve an optimal result.
You love the challenge of a technically complex product and believe that every technical challenge can be overcome by good architecture, clean code and teamwork.
You get the chance to share your knowledge with your colleagues and have the opportunity to learn from them.
All our engineers are both specialists in certain domains and generalists in our technology. We are a fast-growing company, which creates many opportunities to constantly evolve and grow in your role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- As one of our specialists, you help design, develop and maintain the THEOplayer Android SDKs, available on Mobile, Set-top boxes and TV;
- You keep up to date with the latest evolutions in Android development and ensure our solution remains the best for Android users;
- You’re a vibrant part of our team of passionate developers. Depending on your level of experience, you get the opportunity to mentor juniors and work with other developers on certain critical domains;
- Work together with product managers to analyze functional requirements and design, document and implement an appropriate solution;
- Work together with in-house testers to bring the quality of our solutions to a world-class level;
- Occasionally, you work directly with our customers to help them deploy our product in their Android apps and resolve any issues they are facing;
- You work in an agile team. This means you should feel comfortable with working in short sprints, pair programming, daily stand-ups, test-driven development, …
Desired Skills & Experience
- Senior 5+ years (or Medior 2+ years) of experience as an Android software developer;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT, Computer science or related field;
- Experienced in common software engineering practices like version management, git, unit testing, code documentation, CI/CD, …
- Expert knowledge of the Android framework, Java and Object-oriented design principles;
- You’re a team player that knows when to work together and when to fly solo;
- Tons of energy, passion, humor and enthusiasm;
- Love the challenges and atmosphere of a young and fast-growing company.