About this job
Backend Developer, Mobile Developer
eLearning, Language Learning Software, Mobile Application
We are looking for an Android Engineer to join our Team in Berlin!
In your role as an Android Engineer, your mission will be to change the future of language learning. Working together with a great team, you will be collaborating and diving into different disciplines to broaden your knowledge in other fields of expertise as well as share your own. You will contribute to great architecture and build the base of an easily extendable and well maintainable application.
- Deliver high-quality apps from designing and iterating new features into production in a short sprint cycle
- Independently build, maintain and take on ownership of complex features sets and frameworks
- Collaborate cross-functionally to inform API design and architectural decisions
- Maintain and make use of a good overview of the overall technology stack and infrastructure
- Shape, facilitate and survey coding guidelines and quality standards
- Manage technical debt
- Independently focus on continuous learning and improvement and drive the evolution of our engineering practices
- Experience with Android development
- Worked in projects with a diverse technology stack
- Experience working with Kotlin
- Excellent understanding of mobile platforms and their unique features concerning technology and user experience
- Excellent engineering practices including design patterns, testing, and continuous integration
- Confidence in driving architectural decisions
- Proficiency in the long-term maintenance of complex code bases and handling of legacy code
- Strong sense for RESTful API design
- Some experience building serverless architectures, preferably with AWS Lambda and AWS API Gateway
- Solid understanding of lean and agile practices
- Ability to find the right balance between time-to-delivery and quality
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Work within a high-efficient team at Babbel.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- An inspiring environment with a lot of space to shine with your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- A vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities.
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
Questions about a career at Babbel? Get in touch with us here: firstname.lastname@example.org