Android Software Engineer
About this job
Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Consulting, Software Development / Engineering
Up to one day/week remote.
Zuhlke Engineering is an international consultancy that helps companies achieve success by turning ideas into real-life results. To do this, we provide interdisciplinary teams, currently across Europe and Asia, to work closely with our customers to deliver solutions. In the UK, we support digital innovation and embedded software. Across the group, we cover digital systems, Internet-connected devices, and physical product design (embedded and mechatronics).
Our clients range from the largest multinationals to start-ups: what they have in common is the need for a partner who can be trusted to deliver effectively.
Your job will involve working in small teams, communicating closely with our clients to design, develop, test, and shipsystems that deliver value. You will be looking both to contribute to the company and to grow personally.
Our reputation is fundamental to our business, so our culture emphasizes quality, reliability and respect. As a privately-held company owned by past and present employees, and run by engineers, Zuhlke takes a long-term view. For example, you will receive twenty days training per year including a budget to support activities such as conference attendance, our annual technical camp, and participation in focused technical subject teams. We expect our staff to be flexibleso we will supportyou learning any required skills you don’t have now.
As part of our longer-term view, we believe that diversity in the workplace benefits all, we have ethical guidelines about which client industries we will work for, and we have an initiative to become carbon neutral during 2020.
Your job will include:
- As Software Engineer you help our clients understand what they really need, and build high quality systems to satisfy those needs.
- You work collaboratively with colleagues and clients, be it onsite, in the Zuhlke office, or from home.
- You keep yourself technically sharp and get things done.
- You may sometimes need to travel to other locations in the UK and mainland Europe.
Skills & Requirements:
- We are looking for experienced Software Engineers with strong Android skills (Kotlin preferred). Some experience of backend service development is an advantage.
- You are open to explore and learn about new/other technologies and ecosystems.
- Ideally you have already worked successfully in client facing environments.
- Experience in cloud computing is beneficial.
Our technical choices are mainly driven by our clients’ needs. We aim to make balanced engineering decisions based on the most effective tooling and their environments. Our delivery environment…
- we also have current projects using Node and Go.
- Mobile ecosystems such as iOS/Swift and Android/Kotlin.
- Uses Agile approaches, especially Test-Driven Development and Pair Programming.
- Relies on strong Continuous Integration skills and automated delivery pipelines
- Keeps current with recent technical, fit-for-purpose trends.
Our work is mainly at or within an hour’s travel from our Manchester office.
If you’re interested in joining us, send us your CV and start your first step into realising your career goals at a company that values talent and cares about its employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.