Full Time Lead Android Engineer
About this job
Mobility and IoT
Obviously now this will begin remotely, and transition to on-site when social distancing restrictions are lifted.
Title: Lead Android Software Engineer
Type: Full Time
Location: Hove, East Sussex
Salary: £45K-60K depending upon experience
A Brighton & Cambridge company, on a mission to disrupt mobile and IoT communications, with their 5g Mesh and Radio solutions, is seeking an experienced Lead Android software engineer.
NOTE- Do not email anyone at Wyld Networks directly.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Lead Android developer to join our team. You will make an immediate impact on our expansion into the market and be able to hit the ground running on key development projects.
You’ll work closely with and report to our CTO, be responsible for an important part of our mobile product SDK and contribute to the smooth running of our agile processes.
Initially you’ll be building a greenfield SDK, based on our existing iOS SDK, though due to the differences in the platforms, a good understanding of BT Classic and BLE, Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, background processes, Websockets, and networking is required.
This role has strong growth potential and includes an equity stake in the business; a planned share option scheme. The future of this role will be led by your strengths and interests, yet you need to be adaptable, versatile and enthusiastic to capture our attention.
- Lead the development of our Android SDK and products, throughout the full development lifecycle
- Work with, support and mentor other onshore and nearshore developers and the scrum team as a whole.
- Develop a good level of industry knowledge supported by the team
- Approach every day with a ‘can do’ attitude on a steep learning curve
- Fully participate in agile development to deliver commercial quality software
- Enjoy researching ideas and technologies and sharing knowledge
- First Class Degree in computer science or related IT field experience (>4 years)
- Understanding basic to network protocols
- Proficient in designing and developing long running background processes
- Experience with Bluetooth, WiFi Direct and/or Nearby development
- Good understanding of Git SCM
- 3rd party API Integrations
- Working knowledge of Scrum or agile processes
- Expereince with geolocation/GIS technologies
- Exposure to mobile development with iOS (Objective-C)
- Solid understanding of App Transport Security
- Working knowledge of Cryptography to ensure integrity, authentication, non-repudiation, and confidentiality
- Good working knowledge of algorithms and algorithmic complexity
- Understanding of performance and scaling issues
- Continuous Integration and DevOps
- Working knowledge of Jira
- Frontend development and UX
- Experience with MapKit
We give preference to those that can start Immediately.
Please send us your CV with a link to your Git account and any other info you feel
we’ll find relevant.