Game Data Analyst (f/m/d)
About this job
Are you the kind of person who wonders what kind of people play idle games? Are you the kind of person who – through an unbiased lens – wants to figure out not only what people do but try to understand why they do it? And can you take that knowledge and transform it into action points that are easy to understand and make the game more fun, rewarding, and engaging to play?
This is the kind of curiosity, initiative, and knowledge we expect from the ideal candidate for Game Data Analyst here at Kolibri Games. You will work alongside our Product Director, analyzing in-game metrics and offering insights, evaluations, and direct recommendations that will change how our games evolve for the better.
In this role, you will dive deep into the data by building visualizations and down-to-earth reports – applying a mixture of psychology or economics – to understand how the game works and what players do. You will demonstrate your expertise by actively sharing that knowledge and insight in an easy to understand way – and in doing so become a pivotal contributor to the success of our games.
- Partner with Product Managers and Marketing Managers to identify key strategic questions, metrics, and actionable tests.
- Provide end-user friendly, recommendations and insights to product managers, game designers, leadership, and marketing.
- Research and develop cutting edge data-mining, data collection, and statistical techniques and apply them to game design, monetization, and other key business behaviors.
- Build and educate a world-class team of analysts to bring agile data-driven decision making throughout the company.
- 3+ years of experience working as a Data Analyst
- Previous experience using Data Visualization Tools such as; Looker, Tableau or similar
- Professional experience with at least Python, R or similar
- The ability to understand data and communicate this in a coherent manner to technical as well as non-technical team members
- Confidence presenting to multiple people with the ability to clearly and concisely explain key findings
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience within a Free to Play games studio
- Strong SQL skills in an enterprise data environment
- An interest in machine learning, data science, business intelligence, and data technologies
Your Benefits – We’re game to support you
- Competitive Salary – We believe that top performers should receive top payment
- Training Budget – We believe in learning. A generous personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding and German classes
- Flexible working hours and Home office – We believe in a good work-life balance
- Equipment – State-of-the-art technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time
- Health and Fitness – We pay €50 towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Relocation – Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Pension – Opportunity to save for your pension tax-free
Bonus Level – We love to have a good time, too
- Food and Drinks – Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge with Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Parties and Team Events – Apart from our regular parties, BBQ’s and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun
- Company Holidays – Every year we go on an amazing company holiday to relax and bond as a team. Last summer we went to Greece!
- Friday Celebrations – Company-provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 25 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!