About this job
Mobile Application, Social Networking
GG empowers digital storytellers, gamers and entertainers. We’re building a mobile video platform that lets people create, share, publish and discover highly engaging game-related short-form videos. We’re helping every gamer become a creator and tell their story. GG is founded by successful repeat entrepreneurs and has raised funding from top VCs Cherry Ventures and Point Nine Capital and from founders and executives of world-leading game companies.
We are looking for a new team member to join us in Berlin. You have 2+ years experience in iOS development in a product company and a passion for learning. Together with two experienced iOS engineers you will help us build a ground-breaking short-form video platform and editor for gaming content. In doing so, you will have the opportunity to learn to build a product on the intersection of artistic expression and solid engineering. To realise our vision we need to master everything from complex UI to Metal 🤘. You will be working with tech challenges from media programming to real time requirements and pixel perfect video editing.
What you’ll do:
- Push the limits of mobile devices and create great user experiences
- Develop features from design through implementation and launch
- Support and contribute new product ideas to shape what we’re building
- Evaluate technical tradeoffs of every decision and work with design on the best UI and infrastructure practices
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of mobile software engineering experience
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Good problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Swift and Objective-C