Lead iOS Engineer
About this job
Finance, Financial Technology, Information Technology
As the Lead Mobile Engineer in our Hardware team, your role will involve developing our hardware products as well as mobile apps and connected services. You’ll drive the implementation of features for our mobile apps. You’ll lead, mentor and develop a small, highly skilled team of mobile engineers.
What you’ll do
- Lead and inspire our mobile engineering team, consisting of both iOS and Android developers
- Be actively engaged in programming for our iOS App, used by our merchants on a daily basis
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions
- Work closely with our product and design departments to build features that are maintainable, usable, and beautiful
- Recognise and solve inefficiencies in our development process
- Mentor our engineers and help them develop and execute a personal career development plan
You’ll be great for this position if
- You have experience leading and guiding technical teams, keeping them motivated and focused, while also collaborating and actively engaging in development
- You have extensive programming experience in Objective-C and the iOS frameworks
- You have experience with Swift
- You care about user interaction, usability and of course, making the interface beautiful
- You know what to test, why to test it, and how to write flexible tests that won’t break
- You have excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- You enjoy working with multinational cross-functional teams
- You are proactive and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Nice to have:
- You like to work with peripherals and have experience with CoreBluetooth
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- We offer visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to living and working in Berlin
- We have a budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- You’ll attend semi-annual off-sites the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo.
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits.
We’re looking forward to meeting our next teammate! You can also choose whether to include a CV, your LinkedIn profile, a link to your github, tech blog, or portfolio – whatever you think will give us the complete picture.
We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realise their dreams. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we’re creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their business. With a founder’s mentality and a ‘team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.