LEAD PHP BACKEND ENGINEER : Strategic online games are our passion.
About this job
Backend Developer, DevOps, Graphics/Game Developer
Computer Games, Gaming, Mobile Game
LEAD PHP BACKEND ENGINEER (m/f/x)
Game development is our passion!
At Bytro we strive to develop high-quality strategy games and make them accessible for all players around the world. In our eyes game development is a promise for fun and entertainment – that’s what we live and aim for!
As part of the Swedish Stillfront group, we create grand strategy games which are played by over 9 million players in 150 countries and 13 languages all over the world. Our office is located in Hamburg’s world famous St. Pauli district, with a stunning 360° view of the harbor and the Elbe river and easy access to public transport.
Our staff is multicultural and international. We have flat hierarchies, an open communication culture and support the autonomous work of our agile working teams. We believe in efficient work where each of our employees contributes to the success of our games.
To enhance our great team we are looking for you!
As an independent and experienced lead developer you take responsibility for our PHP backend systems and APIs. You will be in charge of building, enhancing and extending our backend API according to current standards of stability, performance, security and maintainability. You take ownership of your area and guide junior devs to live up to your standards and professionalism. You will directly coordinate with DevOps, marketing, as well as the product teams.
- You will work on the shared backend PHP api of our existing and upcoming games.
- Head the design, development, maintenance and improvement of our software, using a wide range of technologies like PhpStorm, composer, Sentry, Sonar, PHPUnit, Github, MySQL, Memcache, Redis, Jenkins, Grafana, Kibana, Nexus, Nginx.
- Develop concepts and best practices for stable, modern, testable and maintainable code.
- Write top notch code and review that of others.
- Continuously modernize and professionalize the existing PHP 7 code base.
- Profile code and tweak it to run smoothly for our growing player base.
- Work together with other teams on system & performance monitoring, tracking, data warehouse solutions, analytics and game features.
- Communicate with colleagues and other teams to ensure a smooth daily workflow.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- You hold a diploma in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience and have 5+ years of professional work experience in PHP development.
- You know your way around with PHP 7, typing, PHPUnit, composer, PSRs, …
- You have worked on multi-server high-load PHP applications.
- You know how to write maintainable, testable code according to style guidelines and the right software design patterns.
- You know how to profile and improve high-load applications and cron jobs.
- You are not afraid to get your hands dirty, develop yourself, hunt down bugs, refactor, and leave the code in a cleaner way than you found it.
- You possess the ability to operate independently, are pragmatic, passionate, have good analytical skills and the motivation to constantly improve and learn.
- You are familiar with agile software development and scrum-based working environments.
- You are enthusiastic about games and enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team.
- You are fluent in technical and business English.
- Exchange of knowledge and close cooperation with competent colleagues in a highly motivated international team.
- Short decision-making processes and a professional work environment.
- Attractive location in Downtown Hamburg.
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours with a great work-life Balance.
- Personal development support with internal and external training.
- Regular team and company events and creative breaks.
- Individual language courses German and English.
- Subsidized public transportation ticket.
Want to be on board?
Then send your application as Lead PHP Backend Engineer (m/f/x) with your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, Susanne Zander will gladly call you back. More information about us you can also find at http://www.bytro.com.
If you are currently not looking for a new challenge, we are happy to welcome you to our network on XING or LinkedIn!