PHP Game Developer - Grepolis
About this job
Our agile cross-functional team is searching for a Software Developer who will implement features, improve workflow tools, optimize the performance, and, most importantly, share the passion for our games!
- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of one of our keystone games: Grepolis
- Be part of the whole feature development lifecycle with a commitment to quality results
- Develop and optimize the PHP backend to implement solid, tested game logic
- Collaborate with Game Designers and Artists to realize most suitable UIs for our browser and mobile apps
Based on your working experiences with MV* frameworks, you are well-versed in design patterns, software architecture, and unit testing.
Relevant job experiences
You have been working in the gaming industry or an agile software development environment for a minimum of five years. Ideally, you have graduated in Computer Sciences, Engineering, or in a comparable education.
You are a proactive and motivated individual with a solution-oriented and efficient style of work. Your willingness to learn is essential, and your passion for games is a plus.
Excellent English skills
You are open-minded and confident working in a multicultural environment while you are using your English skills every day.
Why join us?
- You’ll work in an agile multicultural team – enabling you and your team to form and actively optimize work processes
- We actively support personal development, pay for any necessary textbooks as well as sending you to Developer conferences
- You can set up your workspace as you wish: Mac, Linux or Windows, two or more monitors, a free choice of IDE as well as other software
- We provide you with a mobile device (e.g., iPhone or iPad) for private use
- You can take creative breaks: play table tennis with your team, play on our arcade machines, work out in our gym or simply go to our roof terrace to get some fresh air
- We contribute to your public transport ticket and subsidize contributions to the company pension plan
- We offer free drinks and fresh fruit to contribute to your health and wellbeing
- We have regular team events (e.g., curling, cooking, paintball), barbecue together on our rooftop terrace and a company-organized after work get together every Thursday
- We offer trust-based working times in a modern office in the center of Hamburg
- Our company language is English, and we support all our employees and their partners with optional German lessons
- We help you relocate to Hamburg
- We have fun at work!
Would you like to become part of a dynamic team and work as a Software Developer with us? We look forward to receiving your application (cover letter, CV, and references) as well as your salary expectations and earliest possible start date through our online application form. Maximilian Kaeding would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Apply and #stayhome! Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we switched our operations company-wide to home office and turned our hiring process into a fully virtual one. When hiring, we are also open for our new team members starting their work remotely at the time being or adjusting contract start dates accordingly. Stay home and safe!
InnoGames is Germany’s leading developer and publisher of mobile and online games. The company based in Hamburg is best known for Forge of Empires, Elvenar, and Tribal Wars. InnoGames’ complete portfolio encompasses seven live games and several mobile titles in production.
Born as a hobby, InnoGames today has a team of 400 employees from more than 30 nations who share the passion of creating unique games that players across the globe enjoy for years. In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.
This role does not suit your qualifications, but you know someone who would be a perfect candidate, then
REFER YOUR FRIEND AND GET REWARDED