Senior Android Engineer
About this job
Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Mobile Game, PC Games, Web Development
We are building a world-class engineering team with diversified skills and backgrounds. We are bringing the desktop recorder experience to mobile games by building a mobile game recorder, and rewriting our react native app natively for increased performance, flexibility, and reliability. We are therefore looking for an experienced Android developer to work together with our mobile team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Work on the native Medal app for Android that combines our recorder and consumer-facing applications
- Solve challenging problems in the areas of performant and reliable media capture and encoding
- Work on reducing duplication efforts by integrating with web-based experiences in our mobile stack
- Passion for implementing user-friendly, pixel-perfect interfaces that delight users
- Strong Java/Kotlin skills and experience with Android APIs
- Ability to communicate effectively with the team and use data to drive your decisions
- Good understanding of concurrency and memory management.
- Working knowledge of Android Studio, REST APIs, git.
- Good debugging capabilities to get to the bottom of performance issues, crashes and memory leaks
- A passion for the Android platform, and staying up-to-date with the latest platform developments.
- Experience building SDKs, frameworks, APIs, C/C++ and libraries
- Experience with graphics APIs like OpenGL and/or Vulkan
- Working familiarity with games, apps, Unity, Unreal, etc.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Full Medical for employee and two dependents
- Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents
- Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary and 12 weeks for secondary
- Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
- Team retreats
- A flexible, laid back office environment
- All the fun and frolics that come with working at a gaming company
WHAT YOU’LL HAVE TO DO NOW
We hope to hear from you! When you apply, please make sure to include:
- Links to apps you’ve released/portfolio, and a description of your contributions
- Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
As a heads up, our typical recruitment process is:
- 1-2 phone screening interviews
- Code challenge
- On-site interview
- Offer 🎉
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!