Senior Android Engineer
About this job
Data Science, Software Development, Software Development / Engineering
In a time when the travel industry is drastically changing, we have the opportunity to help drive that change by producing innovative products that will meet users’ new expectations and needs by using our top strengths to our advantage: our ability to adapt quickly and to focus on our users.
We believe in achieving innovation through constant experimentation and we’re seeking an experienced software engineer with the passion and expertise to help ensure that our global hotel search platform gives users a mobile experience that is unrivalled. Do you have proven Android app development credentials to match your passion for creating world-class products? Then read on!
Our current Android team consists of seven developers. We work with a modern, highly modularized codebase entirely written in Kotlin using MVVM and applying the Clean Architecture concept. We enjoy writing unit and integration tests so that every layer of our architecture has good test coverage. Our Continuous Integration pipeline runs on CircleCI and is integrated with SonarCloud to monitor our code quality. We love to experiment with new ideas and share knowledge through regular pair programming, weekly guild meetings as well as lunch and learning sessions.
If this sounds exciting to you and you think you can drive trivago’s Android app to the next level, don’t hesitate to apply!
What you’ll do:
- Develop new features for trivago’s Android app by working closely with Product Managers, Designers, QA and Engineers in our team.
- Give and receive constructive feedback on code changes using Pull Requests.
- Exchange ideas, share your technical expertise with the rest of the team and participate in pair programming.
What you’ll definitely need:
- High proficiency with Kotlin, Git, the Android Framework and Android Jetpack.
- Up-to-date knowledge of software design and architectural patterns.
- Understanding of functional programming concepts.
- The capability to write high quality, testable and maintainable code.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or a similar field.
- To speak English (our company language) fluently.
What we’d love you to have:
- A challenging attitude to always find beautiful solutions for requirements specific to the Android platform.
- Experience with TDD, Coroutines and Flow.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring other Android developers.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/