Senior Android Engineer, APAC
About this job
E-Commerce, Food & Beverage, Logistics & Distribution
We are looking for a Senior Android Software Engineer to support our growing regional Engineering team that is based in Singapore. You will be part of an international team of highly talented and motivated people.
- Develop new features for our Android products.
- Build custom Android UI widgets.
- Maintain and improve our CI/CD pipeline.
- Write and maintain UI Tests as well as the UI-Tests framework.
- Maintain and improve our build and distribution automation tools.
- Optimize UI for performance for low-end devices.
- Monitor and understand customer behaviour.
- Solve technical and behavioural challenges, prioritised based on customer impact.
- Collaborate with back end developers, designers, product owners to constantly improve customer experience within our apps.
- Build reusable Android components/SDKs for interfacing with the multiple entities and Apps in our platforms.
- Familiar with functional and reactive programming.
- Ability to understand and debug large and complex code bases.
- Experience with multithreaded programming and proper state management.
- Experience with resource optimisation like Data-usage, Battery consumption … etc.
- Full understanding of the Android OS internals.
- Experience with Google Play release and distribution process.
- Have built an approved Apps on Google Play.
- Knowledge of performance tools and optimisation techniques (e.g. Sys trace).
- Experience with CI/CD and Automation tools.
- Experience working with A/B testing tools.
- Experience building Android SDKs.
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs.
- Experience with UI-Tests using Espresso.
- Open-source contributions.
- Contributions on knowledge exchange websites like StackOverflow.
- Experience with Bitrise.
- Experience with Firebase.
- Overall 8 years of experience with at least 6 years in Mobile development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent education or practical experience
- Very good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
What We Offer
- A dynamic and challenging working environment
- An extra steep learning curve
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global company
- A vibrant and international team with a diverse background
- Regular company and team events