About this job
Frontend Developer, Graphics/Game Developer
Computer Games, Gaming, Mobile Game
Game development is our passion!
At Bytro we strive to develop high-quality strategy games and make them accessible for all players around the world. In our eyes game development is a promise for fun and entertainment – that’s what we live and aim for!
As part of the Swedish Stillfront group, we create grand strategy games which are played by over 9 million players in 150 countries and 13 languages all over the world. Our office is located in Hamburg’s world famous St. Pauli district, with a stunning 360° view of the harbor and the Elbe river and easy access to public transport.
Our staff is multicultural and international. We have flat hierarchies, an open communication culture and support the autonomous work of our agile working teams. We believe in efficient work where each of our employees contributes to the success of our games.
To enhance our great team we are looking for you!
We are looking for an expert in building HTML5 / CSS3 based user interfaces for desktop and mobile target platforms. For someone who can contribute to keeping our JS engine at the cutting edge of what is possible using “web” technologies.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our software with high quality, maintainable code
- Help building us the next generation of HTML5 games by pushing WebGL to its limits
- Work closely with game design to implement new features and be interested in learning the involved full-stack technologies
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Independent and productive communicate with your Team Lead, colleagues and other teams to ensure a smooth daily workflow
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years software development experience with a strong background in Java and very good knowledge of front-end/web technologies (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Familiarity with modern JS technologies like vue.js, three.js, WebGL and TypeScript
- Very good analytical skills and the motivation to constantly improve and learn
- Enjoying interdisciplinary teamwork, thinking outside the box and constantly learning new things
- Familiarity with agile software development and scrum-based working environments or the wish to work with them
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Exchange of knowledge and close cooperation with competent colleagues in a highly motivated international team
- Short decision-making processes and a professional work environment
- Attractive location in Downtown Hamburg
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours with a great Work-Life-Integration
- Cocktail-Friday and many more team activities
Want to be on board?
Your contact person is Susanne Zander. If you have any questions, she can be reached at (+49) 40-3690 5401.
If you are currently not looking for a new challenge, we are happy to welcome you to our network in XING or LinkedIn!