Senior Unity Engineer
About this job
Graphics/Game Developer, Mobile Developer
We’re SYBO, makers of the most downloaded mobile game in the world, Subway Surfers, with over 1.5 billion installs – that’s a big chunk of the world’s population!
Loveable characters, vibrant environments and finely-tuned gameplay that makes you want to give it just one more go – that’s what we’re about! We live to bring these imaginative worlds to life, by crafting games and experiences that people love to play and engage with, and to do so, we need you!
We’re looking for a Senior Engineer with expert knowledge of Unity and mobile game development to join our Shared Games Services team, that builds tools and services to be used across all our games. The primary responsibilities of the Senior Unity Engineer will be to develop performant and robust Unity / C# systems that form the basis of our projects. As such, they will have an integral role to play in how SYBO makes its games!
Sounds interesting? Take a look at the role, and give us a shout if you think you’re the one!
As a Senior Unity Engineer, you will:
- work as part of the Shared Games Services team, reporting directly to the Tech Lead.
- design and develop low-level and high-level systems for use on upcoming projects and prototypes.
- be involved in day-to-day discussions about system design, architecture and performance.
- review and give technical feedback on the work of other engineers on the team
- help improve Unity3D workflows, pipelines and best practices
- take existing prototypes through pre-production to production, launch and beyond.
- Minimum 5 years experience shipping titles on mobile platforms
- Advanced / Expert Unity3D knowledge and experience, including deep understanding of asset workflows, data serialisation
- Strong knowledge of C# and modern programming paradigms, e.g. async/await
- Familiarity with widely-used design patterns and algorithms. Ability to demonstrate / explain efficiency of algorithm / implementation.
- Demonstrable 3D game programming knowledge, including vector mathematics, AI, animation, camera control, input mechanisms, etc.,
- Demonstrable mobile platform knowledge, specifically Android and iOS, and how best to leverage performance on platforms.
- Team player, that can communicate well with the rest of the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related area
- Experience with system programming on shipped titles
- Native development experience on iOS and Android
- Network programming experience
We offer a highly ambitious and fun workplace with colleagues doing daily high fives! It’s important for us that everybody is heard – so our culture is very informal and creative.
We can also brag about:
- The best office location in Copenhagen
- Health insurance for every employee
- A pension plan
- Balanced lunch buffet
- Currently 20+ nationalities
This is a chance to do the work of your life, so what are you waiting for? We can’t wait to receive your application!
Did you know that:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.