Software Engineer - Game Team (São Paulo - Brazil)
About this job
Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
About the Team
Software engineers in Wildlife’s game studio work in game squads, which are usually composed of 5 to 8 people including: a Product Manager, a Tech Lead, a Lead Artist and other engineers and artists. All team members are co-creators of their game and are responsible for all its aspects. They collaborate to create the next major release, or improve existing hits, using an iterative process.
About the Role
As an engineer in game teams, you will participate in the full cycle of game development. You will make core decisions such as the overall software architecture and technology stack. However, you will not only act as a software architect. Additionally, you will be involved in the design and implementation of all other technical aspects of the game, such as gameplay mechanics, metagame logic and game world economy, both in the mobile app and in the server.
As a senior engineer, you will coach other engineers and perform code and design reviews. Additionally, you will work closely with other leaders to improve our processes and ensure that we have a world-class engineering organization.
Who you are
- Passionate about technology. Learning new tools, frameworks, libraries and ways to do things is fun for you.
- Self-driven. You have a go-getter attitude, exceptional organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks.
- You are a self-aware, clear communicator with empathy towards the people you work with.
- You are player focused. You have empathy with our players and focus on ensuring that they have an amazing experience.
- You’re flexible, bold, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited team; you are passionate about working on and solving problems.
- You are a team player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed.
What you’ll do
- Determine the overall software architecture of new game projects and new features
- Design, implement and test metagame business logic on game app and services, including the definition of API endpoints and their implementation
- Ship new versions to production, monitor metrics and user feedback after the release
- Write automated tests
- Perform code review and design review of other people’s work
- Integrate UI assets and motion animations
- Estimate engineering-related tasks making assumptions about dependencies and risks clear
- Plan releases and sprints
- Provide timely visibility of development status and risks to interested parties
- Proactively look for problems in processes and propose improvements
What you’ll need
- 3+ years of software development professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.