Working Student: Android Developer
About this job
Digital Agency, Digital Health, Mobile Development
Who are we searching for?
We search for an Android Developer (working student or internship) who shares our passion for clean, testable code and intuitive user interfaces. In teams of 2-5 developers, you’d develop Android apps that keep working even under the extreme circumstances in clinics. You will not only learn to write scalable code but also how to meet deadlines in an agile manner.
You don’t need to be an expert in Android Development. However, you should love developing apps and have at least one year of experience in doing it.
Developers at QuickBird Studios burn with their technical passion, to improve what’s out there, to fight in the battle of technical innovations.
Our apps follow a modern MVVM architecture implemented using RxJava/RxKotlin, Android Data Binding, and the Android Architecture Components. We use Kotlin as a programming language in all of our apps. You can find more info about our concepts on our Github-Page or our Blog.
As a young agency, we continuously work on new, exciting projects. You will usually work on completely new apps without fighting 10-year old code-bases. We never had a developer we could not push to his technical limits.
With every new team member, this unit test must still pass: https://gist.github.com/maltebucksch/d43ffc0af1170ef230b94c0bf0fe5630#file-developerteamtest-kt
- At least 1-year experience with native Android development (Java or Kotlin)
- Experience with Kotlin, RxJava and/or Android Databinding is a plus
- Up-to-date with current Android development trends
- Willing to help teammates and to learn from them
- Openness for new concepts and critics
What we offer
- A very ambitious talented team of 18 developers and designers
- Position with high responsibility
- Regular tabletop soccer/beer/coding evenings
- Ability to implement own ideas (e.g. as open source projects)
- Office in the heart of Munich near central station
- Flexible working times (e.g. during exam times)